The Medicine of Chernobyl Part 4: A Practical Application of Radiation Therapy and What should a Med Student Know?
This is the fourth episode of the Medicine of Chernobyl, inspired by the HBO series of the same name. This one is focused on a practical application of radiation therapy in gynecologic oncology.
00:40 - 18 year old female with a pelvic mass.
12:25 - What should a medical student know about radiation and its side effects?
14:35 - Dr. Thompson's advice on prepping for the USMLE
15:30 - The most important question to ask about radiation.
Check out all of ITB's Podcasts on our BRAND NEW Website
ITB Audio Qbank and iOS Beta App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time.
Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
Sources, Credits, and More Resources
Thanks to Ike Potter, producer of the ITB Main Podcast, and Christopher Breitigan, ITB's creative director, the executive producer of our Chernobyl series and the genius behind @ITBsides on Twitter.
InsideTheBoards is not affiliated with the NBME, USMLE, COMLEX, NBOME or any professional licensing body. InsideTheBoards and its partners fully adhere to the policies on irregular conduct outlined by the aforementioned credentialing bodies.
Music: Radiate by Enter Shikari (used with permission).