This episode covers the "why" of ITB with Patrick's personal look back on his medical education and how ITB was born from it. We also get into some actionable strategies to "redeem" more of your time during your medical education.
00:00 Quick Update on New Features of the ITB Mobile App
01:30 – Patrick’s journey through med school and residency, and how ITB’s mission developed
13:30 – 5 Ways to get more time (and stay healthy-ish) during medical education
14:00 – 1) Invest in yourself through daily reflection and recollection practices
15:30 – 2) Invest in your physical health through exercise
17:20 – 3) Consolidate efforts
18:50 – 4) Delegate and be willing to ask for help.
20:30 – 5) Set it and forget it, ask yourself what you can put on “autopilot”
ITB Audio Qbank and iOS Beta App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
- Early Access and exclusive content like a preview of the soon to be released "Crush Step 1" podcast and the "Inside ITB" podcast where we "get real" about the challenges of building ITB and the day to day behind the scenes stuff.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time. Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here