How to think like a question writer | Chris Cimino, Vice President of Kaplan Medical (Part 1)
In this episode, Dr. Chris Cimino, vice president and chief medical officer for Kaplan Medical, a former member of multiple item-writing committees and task forces for the National Board of Medical Examiners, breaks down the process of constructing a multiple choice question and how items get into a standardized exam like the USMLE or COMLEX. We also deconstruct, step-by-step a multiple choice question from Kaplan's Qbank to illustrate these concepts.
InsideTheBoards Study Smarter Series for the USMLE Step 1 and COMLEX Level 1
Check out our high-yield, free audio resource for on-the-go boards prep at bit.ly/ITBpodcasts to help you most especially with your dedicated Step 1 preparation (but also relevant advice on test-taking strategy for senior medical students and even residents and international medical graduates who are preparing for Step 3). In upcoming shows, also look for our Kaplan Test Prep minute with Dr. Cimino, a series of brief, practical discussion on exam strategy, study tips, and more.
ITB Audio Qbank and iOS Beta App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time.
Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
Music: "Out of Mind" from the album Before the Waves by Magic Man. Used with permission.
InsideTheBoards is not affiliated with the NBME, USMLE, COMLEX, NBOME or any professional licensing body. InsideTheBoards fully adheres to the policies on irregular conduct outlined by the aforementioned credentialing bodies.