Evaluating Medical Studies and Research: Dr. James McCormack from the Best Science Medicine Podcast | Part 2
Today's episode is part 2 of our interview with Dr. James McCormack host of the Best Science Medicine Podcast which provides educational (and fun) weekly content on evidence based research. Well worth the listen. You can find Dr. McCormack's article "How to Critically Appraise an RCT in 10 Minutes" by going to this link or searching google for the title. Also mentioned on the show, are the Bohemian Polypharmacy Video and the Calling Bullshit course, and Dr. McCormack's YouTube channel
AMSA 2019 In Review
The American Medical Student Association (AMSA) is the oldest and largest independent association of physicians-in-training in the United States. AMSA's programs and partner-discounted services are provided to help students through the medical education journey. They partner with a wide range of companies to give members useful discounts on everything from test prep to international volunteer opportunities. Listen to Baylor College of Medicine 2nd year student, Fahim Bilal's take on AMSA 2019. Not an AMSA member? Sign up today at amsa.org/members/join
The Medical Mnemonist (an InsideTheBoards Podcast)
InsideTheBoards Study Smarter Podcast
ITB Audio Qbank and iOS Beta App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time.
Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
Recommended Resources by James McCormack
Bohemian Polypharmacy (Bohemian Rhapsody parody)
Eat Mediteranean (Hotel California parody)
Busting Medical Myths Interview
InsideTheBoards is not affiliated with the NBME, USMLE, COMLEX, NBOME or any professional licensing body. InsideTheBoards fully adheres to the policies on irregular conduct outlined by the aforementioned credentialing bodies.