In this episode, Dr. Ted O'Connell meets with "Dr. Raj" to discuss dealing with insomnia, as well as the importance of good sleep hygiene and changing our approach to sleep.
"Dr. Raj” is a Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine physician and assistant program director for the University of Southern California’s Internal Medicine residency program. Dr. Raj is actively involved in media and has appeared on The Doctors, Bill Nye Saves the World and many others. He is one of the hosts for TNT’s Chasing the Cure and author of author of Morning Report: Beyond the Pearls, which you can learn more about at beyondthepearls.net.
Your host for this episode is Dr. Ted O’Connell, family physician, educator, and author of numerous textbooks and peer-reviewed articles. He holds academic appointments at UCSF, UC Davis, and Drexel University's medical schools and also founded the Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano Community Medicine and Global Health Fellowship, the first program in the U.S. to formally combine both community medicine and global health. Check Ted out on Instagram (@tedoconnellmd) and Twitter (@tedoconnell)!
The Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards Mobile App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
- Early Access and exclusive content like a preview of the soon to be released "Crush Step 1" podcast and the "Inside ITB" podcast where we "get real" about the challenges of building ITB and the day to day behind the scenes stuff.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time. Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
Check out all of ITB's Podcasts on our BRAND NEW Website
InsideTheBoards is not affiliated with the NBME, USMLE, COMLEX, NBOME or any professional licensing body. InsideTheBoards fully adheres to the policies on irregular conduct outlined by the aforementioned credentialing bodies.