Test Taking Strategy for the Boards—Knowing a Lot of Stuff is Not Enough | Ryan Orwig from STATMed Learning
In this episode, Ryan Orwig from STATMed learning tells us more about the STATMed platform, how his boards workship helps students improve their scores by focusing on and improving the strategy they employ in studying and in approaching multiple choice questions in question banks like USMLE World, Kaplan, USMLE-Rx (or any Qbank). Plus, we give an example of some specific tactics to apply to practice questions with a gynecology example question from the Open Osmosis platform
STATMed Lessons on the ITB Study Smarter Channel
Check out more from Ryan and STATMed learning on the ITB Study Smarter Series for the USMLE Step 1 and COMLEX Level 1 where we discuss common difficulties facing a medical student (and how to fix them) like what do you do when you narrow down a questions to two answer choices but always pick the wrong one, how to deal wit the problem of doing volumes of questions but not seeing your score improve, Go to thestatprogram.com/ITB for a special offer on the STATMed Boards Workship only for ITB listeners.
ITB Audio Qbank and iOS Beta App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time.
Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
Podcast question content courtesy of Osmosis. Questions have been optimized and edited for audio consumption. Copyright Osmosis. Original version may be found at the appropriate topic heading at https://open.osmosis.org/topics
Music: Anaesthetist from The Mindsweep by Enter Shikari. Used with permission.
InsideTheBoards is not affiliated with the NBME, USMLE, COMLEX, NBOME or any professional licensing body. InsideTheBoards fully adheres to the policies on irregular conduct outlined by the aforementioned credentialing bodies.