The Med School Survival Kit: Breezing through Medical School While Crushing Your Exams | Dr. Wendell Cole
Today's interview features Dr. Wendell Cole. He's an ortho resident and author of the new book, The Med School Survival Kit: Breezing through Medical School While Crushing Your Exams. Today, we're discussing his book, covering a high-yield practice question on gout, and he offers some practical advice on taking notes during your preclinical years and achieving balance as a medical student. Check out his podcast, Convos with Cole, especially the episode How to Get a 250 on Step 1.
Win a free copy of his book. Share this episode and tag both @IamDrCole (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) and ITB (@boardsinsider on Twitter, @InsideTheBoards everywhere else).
InsideTheBoards Study Smarter Series for the USMLE
ITB Audio Qbank and iOS Beta App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time.
Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
InsideTheBoards is not affiliated with the NBME, USMLE, COMLEX, NBOME or any professional licensing body. InsideTheBoards fully adheres to the policies on irregular conduct outlined by the aforementioned credentialing bodies.
Question content courtesy of OnlineMedEd. Copyright OnlineMedEd. Questions have been optimized and edited for audio consumption. For more great content go to onlinemeded.org
Music: "Live Outside" off The Spark by Enter Shikari (used with permission).