Today’s episode features Dr. Ken Milne, aka BatDoc!. Dr Milne runs the Skeptics’ Guide to Emergency Medicine, which also has its own podcast of the same. Chase and Dr. Milne discuss the origins of FOAM (free open access meded) and how to evaluate evidenced based research. Plus, an example from our All-Audio Qbank
Resources Mentioned on Today's Show
SGEM additional resources http://thesgem.com/additional-resources/
SGEM Critical Appraisals forms. http://thesgem.com/2014/03/make-it-so-beem-appraisal-tools/
Students for Evidence Based Medicine https://www.students4bestevidence.ne
Featured Sponsor: CommonBond
This Spring, we’ve partnered with CommonBond. They just launched a new loan designed to save medical students thousands of dollars versus the Federal Grad PLUS loan. A student that takes a 10-year fully deferred loan with CommonBond could save thousands of dollars over the life of the loan. But with CommonBond it’s not just about the savings. CommonBond knows med students have unique needs, so they offer flexible repayment to help you focus on your residency program. Plus, you aren’t even required to have a cosigner. To learn more about CommonBond’s new med school loan, visit commonbond.co/ITB
Today we go in depth with CommonBond's Pete Wylie, Vice President of Student Loan, who tells us a little more about what CommonBond can do for students while offering a little bit of education on med school financing.
InsideTheBoards Study Smarter Podcast USMLE Step 2 and Shelf Exam Study Starter (mini) Series: Internal Medicine Edition
Check out the ITB Study Smarter Series Podcast channel. We're covering some high yield IM content until early April, then we launch into our annual USMLE Step 1 Study Smarter Series. Go to bit.ly/ITBpodcasts or just click here to check it out on iTunes.
ITB Audio Qbank and iOS Beta App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time.
Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
InsideTheBoards is not affiliated with the NBME, USMLE, COMLEX, NBOME or any professional licensing body. InsideTheBoards fully adheres to the policies on irregular conduct outlined by the aforementioned credentialing bodies.
Music: "1-800-273-8255" by Logic off "Everybody" (used with permission). Listen to the full track on Spotify.