Psychiatry and Neurology’s Cutting Edge: Mind Control Using Optogenetics from Brain Health with Dr. Nissen
This episode is a collaboration with the Brain Health podcast.
Brain Health with Dr. Nissen brings you advancements in medicine, neuroscience, psychiatry, and nutrition to help you live a better life. Dr. Nissen’s expert interviews reveal new, evidence-based approaches to enhancing mental health, sharpening cognition, and optimizing performance. With topics such as optogenetics, Alzheimer’s disease, neuromodulation, depression, the Mediterranean Diet, and psychedelics, this show is sure to expose listeners to new topics on the frontiers of medicine and neuroscience. Join the community at www.DrNissen.com
Dr. Lief Fenno, MD, PhD received his Bachelor's degree in neurobiology from Harvard, where he worked at the intersection of human embryonic stem cells and Parkinson's disease. Afterward, he continued this endeavor at the Harvard Stem Cell Institute in Boston before joining the Stanford Neuroscience program as an MD/PhD student. He's currently working with the effort to engineer opsin function and delivery and investigating social behavior in the Deisseroth Lab at Stanford. He is a fourth-year psychiatry resident in the Research Track at Stanford.
The Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards Mobile App
To get started, first, create a Boardsinsider Account on our website insidetheboards.com
- All of our podcasts in one place organized into playlists for easy studying (also with less ads and exclusive content)
- Mindfulness meditations designed specifically for medical students
- A monthly offering of high yield content (questions dissections, audio qbank samples) available only on our mobile app.
- Early Access and exclusive content like a preview of the soon to be released "Crush Step 1" podcast and the "Inside ITB" podcast where we "get real" about the challenges of building ITB and the day to day behind the scenes stuff.
Subscribe to an ITB premium account and get additional features
- Access to 500+ audio optimized board style practice questions in our Audio Qbank. The Step 1 version is powered by Exam Circle and the Step 2 Version is powered by OnlineMedEd. New questions added each month.
- High Yield Pharmacology (powered by Lecturio) with 100 of the top pharm questions you need to know for both Step 1 and Step 2
- Audio Flashcards (coming soon)
Our audio qbank is THE PERFECT companion for studying for the boards on the go. And we're adding content and improving it all the time. Learn more about the Audio Qbank by InsideTheBoards mobile app here
Check out all of ITB's Podcasts on our BRAND NEW Website
InsideTheBoards is not affiliated with the NBME, USMLE, COMLEX, NBOME or any professional licensing body. InsideTheBoards fully adheres to the policies on irregular conduct outlined by the aforementioned credentialing bodies.